Mulugu: A farmer, who consumed pesticides on Tuesday evening, died Wednesday at the MGM hospital in Warangal. The deceased was identified as Bethelli Kumar (42) from Shivapur village of Eturnagaram mandal in the district.
Kumar had cultivated rice on eight acres. While he owned two acres, he leased six. He harvested paddy from six acres three days ago. He was trying to harvest the paddy from the remaining two acres, but no owner of the harvesting machine was willing to return to work since he had not paid them for the six-acre harvest.
âDue to financial problems, my father was unable to pay the costs to the harvester owners,â said Mallika, Kumar’s eldest daughter. Kumar is also said to have borrowed Rs 3 lakh to cultivate rice.
click here for more information on Hyderabad
Depressed by the events, he made the extreme decision to end his life by consuming pesticides near his home. He was rushed to a hospital in Eturnagaram for treatment, then transferred to MGM hospital where he succumbed to the poison. He is survived by his wife Rani and his two daughters.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana today to Telegram everyday.